ECOGUARD-SYN (CONC) | Fluorine Free Water Repellent
Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) is a fluorine free speciality product for water repellency and rainproofing. Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) gives best results on synthetic fabrics and outer wear fabrics. The performance of Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) is very close to C6 fluoro chemicals in terms of water repellency and durability. It imparts sewability and also provides better resistance to abrasion and tear.
Key Features & Benefits
|Suitable for white and pastel shades
|Fulfills requirement of leading retailers viz. M&S and H&M
|Works very well on synthetics and outer wear fabrics
Close to C6 fluorocarbon in terms of water repellency and durability
|Withstands multiple home laundering
|Off white liquid
||Nonionic to weakly cationic
|pH of 1% solution
||5 +/- 1
||Miscible with water
||Compatible with cationic and nonionic products
|Stable to dilute acids and dilute alkalies
- Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) : 30-100 g/l
- Pick-up : 65-70%
- Bath pH : 6.0-7.0
- Drying : 120 deg.C, 2 min.
- Curing* : 145-150 deg.C, 3 min. OR 170 deg.C for 40 sec.
- In case of polyester, at maximum pick up, curing at temperature 145-150 deg.C gives better spray rating.
- In case of polyester and P/W fabric it is recommended to wash fabric with 0.5-1 g/l Saragen-DAM before finishing.
Exhaust process for garment fabrics
- Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) : 4-10%
- Bath pH : 6.0 - 7.0
- Bath Temp. : R.T. to 40 deg.C, (1 deg.C/min.)
- Time : 30-40 min. at 40 deg.C
- Drying/Curing : 110 deg.C, 3 min. / 145-150 deg.C, 3 min. OR 170 deg.C for 40 sec.
- Before using our product, stir the product gently and then passing through a filter is advisable before pre-dilution and application
- Filtration of Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) after stirring and before diluting is recommended.
- It is recommended to prewash the substrate with 1 g/l Saragen-DAM at 80-85 deg.C for 20-30 min to remove traces of residual impurities to get excellent results
- Preliminary trials are recommended before bulk processing
- For higher durability 5-10 g/l of Ecolink (Conc) can be used
- To get very good results with Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) pick up should be more than 70%
- The minimum 145 deg.C temperature for curing is recommended
- If results are not upto the mark, then re-curing will help to get better results
- Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) is suitable with Deca based FR products but it is not to be used with phosphorous based and APP (Ammonium Phosphophate) based FR products
- Before finishing with Ecoguard-SYN (Conc), bring the fabric temperature to room temperature
- The impairment of the repellent effects will occur by adding analogous auxillaries into the finishing bath.
- To avoid impairment of the repellent effect mechanical treatment such as calendering, brushing etc. to be avoided
Storage : Store in cool, ventilated shed away from heat and direct sunlight. Storage temperature should not exceed 35 deg C. Close lids firmly to avoid contact with air and moisture.
Shelf Life : 9 months from the date of manufacturing, if stored under controlled conditions.
The above information is given in good faith and is without warranty