Careguard (Conc) is a water and oil-repelling fluoropolymer based on C6 chemistry. It confers highly durable water and oil repellency on various substrates viz., polyester,cotton, wool fibres and their blends. It can be applied by padding, foam and by spray technique. They give very good results on polyproplyene and polyester nonwoven fabrics also.
||Good water/oil repellency after multiple home laundering
||Cost effective water-oil repellent finish
|pH of 1% solution||5 +/- 1
|Miscibility||Miscible with water
|Compatibility||Compatible with cationic and nonionic products
||Stable to dilute acids and dilute alkalies
Pick-up : 65-70%
Bath pH : 4.0 - 4.5
Drying : 100 - 120 deg.C
Curing : 150 deg.C,5 min. OR 160 deg.C,3 min. OR 170 deg.C, 1 min.
For all substrates :
Careguard (Conc) : 25-70 g/l
Acetic Acid : 0.5 g/l
IPA : 5 g/l
* Concentration of Careguard (Conc) to be taken on the basis of durability requirement.
1. It is recommended to prewash the substrate to be treated with 1 g/l Saragen-DAM at 80-85 deg.C for 20-30 min. to remove traces of residual impurities to get excellent results.
2. After padding and drying if fabric is kept overnight before curing, results will be further improved.
3. Water and Oil repellent can be combined with Wrinkle free finish. (Pre-trials are recommended
To pass Cone test or Bundesmann Testing, please ensure following points for better results
1. Fabric should be very well pre-treated (Highly Absorbent, no residual wetting agent present on the fabric)
2. More Overfeeding will also help in achieving better results
3. Also Calendaring after Water repellent treatment will help in achieving better results
4. Coating is more preferable option than padding with a water repellent as it will help in blocking the pores.
Sequence of addition:
- Prepare bath with all ingredients including Saralink-ULF, MgCl2 in water containing Acetic acid.
- Stir continuously and add Careguard (Conc) as the final ingredient.
- Before using our product, stir the product gently and then passing through a filter is advisable before pre-dilution and application
- Avoid high speed and continuous stirring.
- Avoid silicone based softeners in the finishing recipe.
Storage: Store in cool, ventilated shed away from heat and direct sunlight. Storage temperature should not exceed 35 deg C. Close lids firmly to avoid contact with air and moisture.
Shelf Life : 9 months from the date of manufacturing, if stored under controlled conditions.
The above information is given in good faith and is without warranty