Antimicrobials work at a cellular level by continuously disrupting and preventing the growth of microorganisms. They create an inhospitable environment for microorganisms like bacteria’s, molds, fungi and viruses.
Much like common additives such as colorants and flame retardants, antimicrobial and antiviral additives are integrated into the resin during the manufacturing process or can be applied by spraying or dipping The important benefit of materials containing antimicrobial and antiviral additives is that they provide protection from bacteria, viruses, and even mold and fungi, which is helpful when it comes to combatting the transmission of harmful infections.
However, there are even further benefits to these additives:
● Topical application ensures 90-180 days of antimicrobial protection when applied on Plastics, Polymers, Resins etc.
● Ensures life time antimicrobial protection when incorporated within the polymer/Resin/Plastics before extrusion/molding processes
● Prevents biofilm formation
● Enhances biosecurity when used in combination with disinfectant protocols
● Odorless, colorless, and non-toxic
|Sr. No.||Product Name||CAS No.||Description|
|1||Dimethyloctadecyl[3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl] ammonium chloride (Venus-5700)||27668-52-6||Venus-5700 is an antiviral and antibacterial agent suitable got all types of plastic polymers|
|2||3-(Trihydroxy silyl)propyldimethyloctadecyl ammonium chloride (Venus-5700 (Conc))||199111-50-7||Venus-5700 (Conc) is an antiviral and antibacterial agent suitable got all types of plastic polymers|
|3||Zinc Pyrithione (Venus-ZP)||13463-41-7||Venus ZP is classical antifungal agent|