|2. PRODUCT NAME & DETAILS|
|3. REGULATORY INFORMATION
||Common names and synonyms
|European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances (EINECS)
|United States Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Inventory
|China Catalog of Hazardous chemicals 2015
|Chinese Chemical Inventory of Existing Chemical Substances (China IECSC)
|Korea Existing Chemicals List (KECL)
|Canadian Domestic Substance List (DSL)
|Canadian Non-Domestic Substance List (NDSL)
|Japanese Existing and New Chemical Substances Inventory(ENCS)
|Moisture Content (KF) By Karl Fisher
|Solubility 2.5% in Methanol.
|Selenium Content By AAS / IPC
||NMT 10 PPM
|Identity by FTlR
||Comparable with Std.
|Volatiles by GC
|Purity by GC
|Camphor (by GC)
|Camphorquinone Anhydride (by GC)
|Camphor Acyloin (by GC)
|5. APPLICATION||- They are used in Resin based composites (RCB), which are frequently used in Denstry.
- These Resins are cured by LED lights, which are activated by Photo initiators additive.
- Camphorquinone is one of the leading photo initiators used in Dental Resin based composites.
- Camphorquinone contains Selenium content less than 10 PPM therefore it is safe for Dental application.
- The minimum optimum concentration of camphorquinone in BISGMA/TEGDMA flowable composite is 1 % weight of resin matrix, which allows adequate balance among degree of conversion, depth of cure, mechanical properties and color characteristics of these materials. (Refer Hindawi, BioMed Research International, Volume 2018, Article ID 7921247, 10 pages).
- STUDIA UBB PHYSICA, Volume 61, (Lx1), 2, 2016, pp 720 Studied the photophysics of photo initiator Camphorquinone bu using time-dependent Density Functional Theory method, i.e. DFT calculations. Adsorption and emission spectra of photo initiator Camphorquinone had been calculated, the calculated electronic absorption energy at 484 nm was in excellent agreement with available experimental data.
- Biomaterials 24 (2003) 2097-2103 studied the Camphorquinone/amine photo initiator system using blue light emitting diodes. These results suggest that the new LED unit perform better than conventional halogen units with respect to light energy.
|6. HAZARD CLASSIFICATION||Camphorquinone is Non-hazardous Substance.
|7. ANNUAL CAPACITY||12 MT.
|8. STORAGE CONDITION||Store in closed container at ambient temperature. Avoid direct sunlight.
|9. PACKING DEATILS
||Outer Packing : 25 kg HDPE Open Mouth Drum
Inner Packing : 2 plastic liner with strip seal individually on each liner
|10. SHELF LIFE
|Typical properties should not be considered as specification.
Product covered by valid patents are not offered or supplied for commercial use. The Patent position should be verified by the customer.
Products will not be supplied to countries where they could be in conflict with existing patents.
Products currently covered by valid US patents are offered for R&D use in accordance with 35 USC 271 (e) (I) Above information is given in good faith and without warrenty.
The above information is given in good faith and is without warranty
CAS No. 106556-36-9
CAS No. 1440-00-2
CAS No. 3842-55-5
UV Absorber & Light Stablizer additive
CAS No. 1820-28-6
UV Absorbers & Light Stabilizer additive
CAS No. 876-57-3
CAS No. 6390-69-8
Frequently Asked Questions
In which applications Camphorquinone is used?
Camphorquinone use in Resin based composites (RCB), which are frequently used in Dentistry.
What Are The Application & Uses Of Camphorquinone?
Camphorquinone (Cas No 10373-78-1) is Yellow Powder like substance widely used as a photo initiator of the resin. It is also called as 2,3-Bornanedione. Get it from Sarex Fine Chemicals Today!
What is the Physical Appearance of Camphorquinone?
It is available in Yellow Powder form.
What is the packing of Camphorquinone?
Our packing of Camphorquinone is 20 & 25 kg HPDE Open Mouth Drum and 2 numbers PE liners strip sealed separately.
What is the Selenium Content in Camphorquinone?
Selenium content is less than 10 PPM in Camphorquinone
Is Camphorquinone compound soluble in Methanol, If yes than confirm the percentage ?
Yes, It is soluble in Methanol and it is soluble 2.5% (W/V).
What Is The Annual Capacity Of Camphorquinone?
The annual capacity of Camphorquinone is 1 Mt Per Month.
What Is The Shelf Life Of Camphorquinone?
Camphorquinone has a shelf life of 3 years. It's also based on the Storage conditions and many other factors. Get Camphorquinone from Sarex Today
What Are Some of the Major Specifications of Camphorquinone?
Camphorquinone is an "Yellow Powder" and has a melting point of 201-203°C. The Molecular Formula of Anthranilamide is "C10H14O2" and the Molecular Wt. is 166.220.