Saraflam-CWF is an organo phosphorous durable flame retardant for 100% cellulosic fibres such as cotton and regenratred cellulosic fibres like viscose, modal, tencel. Saraflam-CWF chemically reacts with these fibres thereby imparting durable flame retardency which can withstand several launderings and dry cleanings. Saraflam-CWF does not affect the drape of the fabric and does not leave any white residue on the fabric thus minimum effect on shade.
Saraflam-CWF can also be combined with other finishing agents. Saraflam-CWF prevents flame propagation in presence of fire. It is recommended for home textiles,industrial textiles and apparels.
||No after-burning or after-glow
||Withstands multiple home laundering
||Does not affect feel or drape of the fabric
||Compatible with other finishing agents
||Colourless viscous liquid
|pH of 1% solution||4 +/- 1
|Miscibility||Miscible with water
||Compatible with cationic, anionic and nonionic products
|Stability||Stable to dilute acids and dilute alkalies
Before finishing with Saraflam-CWF, please ensure that the fabric is free from residues of earlier treatment which could otherwise hamper the performance of Saraflam-CWF
Please ensure that the padding temperature does not exceed 30 deg.C
- After finishing, the fabric has to be washed with 3-5 g/l soda ash (pH maintained at 9-10) to neutralise phosphoric acid and unreacted Saraflam-CWF followed by rinsing in plain water twice or thrice.
- Final pH of fabric should be 6.5-7 before drying.
- Dry add-on of minimum 25-30% ensures required performance
- Flame retardency depends upon actual add-on of Saraflam-CWF on the finished fabric, therefore lab trials are recommended to arrive at required dosage
- Many common finishes like silicone softners, PE emulsions etc. may have negative influence on flame retardency, therefore prelab-trials are essential to assess the suitability of other softners
Saraflam-CWF is recommended for following test methods.
Storage : Store in cool, ventilated shed away from heat and direct sunlight. Storage temperature should not exceed 35 deg C.Close lids firmly to avoid contact with air and moisture.
Shelf Life : 9 months from the date of manufacturing, if stored under controlled conditions.
The above information is given in good faith and is without warranty