Careguard-824 is a new generation cost effective water and oil repelling fluorocarbon based on C6 Chemistry. It imparts durable water and oil repelling effects on various substrates viz., polyester, cotton, nylon, wool fibres and their blends without affecting the original hand of fabric. It can be applied by padding foam and by spray technique.
||Good water/oil repellency after multiple home laundering
||Off white liquid
|Ionic nature||Non-ionic to weakly cationic
|pH of 1% solution||5 +/- 1
|Miscibility||Miscible with water
||Compatible with cationic and nonionic products
||Stable to dilute acids and dilute alkalies
For all substrates
* Concentration of Careguard-824 to be taken on the basis of durability requirement.
1. It is recommended to prewash the substrate to be treated with 1 g/l Saragen-DAM at 80-85 deg.C for 20-30 min. to remove traces of residual impurities to get excellent results.
2. After padding and drying if fabric is kept overnight before curing, results will be further improved.
3. Compatible with Flame Retardent finish (Pre-trial is recommeded).
4. Addition of 5-10 g/l Crosslink-SC (Conc) is optional and recommended for achieving higher durability.
5. Water-oil repellent finish can be combined with resin finish using 30g/l Saralink-ULF + 6g/l MgCl2 + 20g/l Saralube-2975.
Sequence of addition :
Storage: Store in cool, ventilated shed away from heat and direct sunlight. Storage temperature should not exceed 35 deg C.Close lids firmly to avoid contact with air and moisture.
Shelf Life: 9 months from the date of manufacturing, if stored under controlled conditions.
The above information is given in good faith and is without warranty