Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) is a fluorine free speciality product for water repellency and rainproofing. Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) gives best results on synthetic fabrics and outer wear fabrics. The performance of Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) is very close to C6 fluoro chemicals in terms of water repellency and durability. It imparts sewability and also provides better resistance to abrasion and tear.
|Non-yellowing||Suitable for white and pastel shades|
|Fluorine free||Fulfills requirement of leading retailers viz. M&S and H&M|
|Performance||Works very well on synthetics and outer wear fabrics.
Close to C6 fluorocarbon in terms of water repellency and durability
|Durable||Withstands multiple home laundering|
|Physical appearance||Off white liquid|
|Ionic nature||Nonionic to weakly cationic|
|pH of 1% Solution||5 +/- 1|
|Miscibility||Miscible with water|
|Compatibility||Compatible with cationic and nonionic products|
|Stability||Stable to dilute acids and dilute and dilute alkalies|
|Crosslink-SC||5-10 g/l (for durability)|
|Drying||120 deg.C, 2 min.|
|Curing*||145-150 deg.C, 3 min. and 170 deg.C for 40 sec.|
- In case of polyester, at maximum pick up, curing at temperature 145-150 deg.C gives better spray rating.
- In case of polyester and P/W fabric it is recommended to wash fabric with 0.5-1 g/l Celldet-R (Non-ionic wetting agent) before finishing.
Exhaust process for garment fabrics
|Crosslink-SC (Conc)||0.5 - 1%|
|Bath pH||6.0 - 7.0|
|Bath Temp.||R.T. to 40 deg.C (1 deg.C/min.)|
|Time||30-40 min. at 40 deg.C|
|Drying / Curing||110 deg.C, 3 min. / 145-150 deg.C, 3 min. OR 170 deg.C for 40 sec|
- Preliminary trials are recommended before bulk processing.
- To get very good results with Ecoguard-SYN (Conc), pick up should be more than 70%
- The minimum 145 deg.C temperature for curing is recommended..
- If curing temperature 160 deg.C and above cannot be maintained then minimum 145 deg.C temperature for curing is recommended.
- If results are not upto the mark, then re-curing will help to get better results.
- Ecoguard-SYN(Conc) is suitable with Deca based FR products but it is not to be used with phosphorous based and APP (Ammonium Phosphophate) based FR products.
- Before finishing with Ecoguard-SYN (Conc), it is better that fabric is not hot but cooled down.
- Addition of Saraline-FI along with Ecoguard-SYN (Conc) will stabilize the bath and which in turn will minimize roller build-up if any.
|Storage||Store in cool, ventilated shed away from heat and direct sunlight.Storage temperature should not exceed 35 deg C.Close lids firmly to avoid contact with air and moisture.|
|Shelf Life||8 months from the date of manufacturing, if stored under controlled conditions.|